Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Something to Complain About

When I was in college, I worked briefly at a local hospital.  In the Radiology Department there was a Frank and Ernest comic strip pinned to the bulletin board.  Frank and Ernest were angels standing on puffy clouds next to a suggestion box.  Frank says, "If everything is so perfect up here, why is there a suggestion box?"  Ernest replies, "Because some people can't be truly happy unless they have something to complain about."  I loved this comic strip.  Have you ever read anything more true?  It wasn't until years later that I realized that the suggestion box was for me.  Those people who always have something to complain about... it was totally me.  (I wasn't really what you'd call self-aware in my youth.)

So does the world really need another blog?  Of course it doesn't.  But since I have very important opinions to share with the world several times a day, what the heck.

Welcome to my blog. Heaven's Suggestion Box:  the place where I bitch about things that totally aren't worth bitching about and save my husband from having to hear me bitch about them.

2 comments:

Tim said...

That is by far the best reason to start a blog I have ever heard.

TheNextMartha said...

Oh. Hello there.

Post a Comment